So, I have now become a master at this recipe and can do it without hesitation or thinking twice. I originally got the recipe from Rasa Malaysia Recipes and customized a few things. Ever since I got married, I really fell in love with baking. Anyway, you can use this for baking in an 9×9 inch pan or to make cupcakes. I’ve tried both several times and they were delicieux! And always feel free to justify a few things. So, here it goes!
- 7 oz of “I Can’t Believe it’s Not Butter” at room temperature
- 1 cup of plain flour/all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp of baking soda
- 7 oz granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- ½ tsp salt
- 1/2 cup of fresh milk
- 1 teaspoon of butter flavor imitation (can purchase at local Fry’s or Kroger)
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. Lightly grease the pan (loaf pan, mini loaf pan, 8×8, or 9×9) with some butter.
3. Mix the flour, the baking powder, and baking soda together and sieve. Add in salt and mix well. Set aside.
4. Use an electronic beater to mix butter and sugar until well combined or pale yellow in color. (Note: Sugar has not dissolved yet).
5. Add in the first egg. Beat well after each addition of egg until creamy.
6. Scrape down the sides for even mixing.
7. Fold in the flour into the mixture and mix well.
8. Add in the milk. 9.Finally, add the butter flavor imitation.
10. Pour the mixture into the greased baking pan. Shake it lightly to distribute cake mixture evenly.
11. Bake until golden brown and cooked, about 30 minutes. Use a fork or toothpick to test if it’s cooked.
12. Remove it from the oven and let cool on the wire rack for another 5 minutes. Serve warm.