- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch single crust pie
- 10 slices bacon
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/3 cup minced onion
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 egg yolk
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Creole seasoning to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Place bacon in a large skillet, and fry over medium-high heat until crisp. Drain on paper towels, and then chop coarsely.
- (Some people skip this step, but I like my onions cooked a bit before putting them in the oven.) Chop onions and slightly fry in the same skillet until golden.
- Place pastry shell on baking pan and flatten it out evenly, then sprinkle bacon, cheese, and onion into pastry shell.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, heavy cream, milk, cayenne pepper, and creole seasoning.
- Pour mixture into pastry shell.
- Reduce heat to 325 degrees, and bake an additional 50 minutes, or until a knife inserted 1 inch from edge comes out clean. Allow quiche to sit 10 minutes before cutting into wedges.