I finally hit my 30s in JUNE
For the longest, I heard that the “30s are the best years!” And so on, so here we go! Hubby took me to Vegas and we had a blast just the two of us (will write another blog post).
It took a while to settle in, so I took my time writing this blog post. But after hearing my 4-year-old tell everyone and anyone, “My mom is thirty!” I think it finally sunk in. Haha
I would like to believe I have done quite well for myself. As a reminder of how grateful I am to be here and to remind myself that 30 is just a number, I’m going to try and list 30 things I am proud of or grateful for. Some are siilly. Some are funny. Some are serious. Read on!
1. I am blessed to be married to my best friend and love of my life.
2. I am a mother of three. Before you ask, yes, I’m done! I finished having kids before 30 now I am freeeee. Ha!
3. I am healthy. No illness. No disease. No high blood pressure.
4. Both of my parents are still ALIVE!
5. I am educated. B.A. and Master’s!
6. I’m a college professor.
7. I live in my dream house.
8. I have an awesome, spacious Mom Car. Go Durango!
9. I am a published author! Author of Chasing Freedom (get it on Amazon).
10. I am still doin’ this blog thing after eight years! Wow! Many breaks and interruptions, but I’m still here!
11. This is getting tough…hum..oh yes, I have amazing friends here in AZ, something I cried about and prayed for for years! #MomTribe
12. I have an amazing bestie, since high school. Hi Ayo!
13. My brother and I are close again!
14. Geez…what else. Hum, okay, financially God has been providing and we are not lacking.
15. My 401k looks pretty good so far.
16. Hubby and I have a rental property. THE first of many.
17. I am getting over the spirit of fear.
18. I am still reading BOOKS!
19. My children are bilingual. French and English.
20. I am making the effort to learn spanish fluently.
21. I forgive easily. No grudges.
22. I somehow manage to work, clean, cook, and take care of my family.
23. Hummm….. I have been exploring more. Adventures with my family. Seeing the world.
24. I lost 9lbs the past month. I exercise frequently and eat healthy!
25. I have never been arrested.
26. My faith is still important to me so Christ is at the center!
27. I try to read to my kids daily.
28. I am quite a CHEF!
29. I have visited more coffee shops than I can remember. Lol
30. Last but not least, I have never done drugs or gotten drunk! Such a goodie goodie. 🙂
Here is a video of how I celebrated with my friends! Birthday fun